Ergomed is a pioneer in rare disease clinical research.
As a CRO focused on rare diseases, we provide a full range of clinical research services across all stages and types of clinical trials.
Drug development in rare diseases often involves advanced therapeutic products and pediatric patients, each raising both the complexity and challenges involved in trials.
With advanced therapies, including cell and gene therapy products, the combination of our site management model and our experience in rare disease trials allow us to successfully recruit patients, maintain a chain of custody for their treatments and sample collections and close safety monitoring, and the collection of high-quality data.
Around half of the rare disease populations are children and teenagers, which requires research teams with specialized expertise. Our family-centric approach means we focus on making a positive impact on the lives of patients with rare diseases and their families.
Our teams span across the globe, supporting each other across timezones and countries to meet our client needs. We are leading experts in supporting rare disease research, with 70% of our project managers and 80% of our CRAs possessing rare disease experience.
Across all our services – including site management, study physician support and patient engagement support – we find hard-to-locate patients around the globe, working with physicians to create study designs and operational strategies that support complex clinical programs.
No trial is the same and every patient matters; we are flexible and go the extra mile to ensure all patients receive equal levels of quality in care.
As a pioneer in rare disease clinical research, Ergomed offers:
- Unique insights into rare disease and orphan drug development programs
- Global access to hard-to-find patients in under-served regions
- A regulatory consultancy service for complete support of orphan drug-related interactions with the EMA and FDA
- A risk-management approach to the gathering of data for market approval versus feasible study design and set up
- A highly effective site management model that allows for faster recruitment and enhanced retention of patients
- Patient concierge services that reduce the burden on patients/families and sites
- Extensive engagement with patient advocacy groups and support organizations
- Our patient organization advisory board represents the patient’s voice to enhance study design and execution.